Sunday 9 September 2012

New Neighbours

We met our new neighbours today.
I don't know if it's just me but I take ages to actually bother to introduce myself to the newbies on the block. Not that I don't want to (I actually love the idea of going 'round to the neighbour's for a barbeque and baby-sitting their kids when they're out), but I'm just seriously lazy.
So I was grateful when our neighbour yelled out a greeting from his verandah as we were on our way to church this morning.
The conversation went something like this (ignore my terrible conversational input):

Neighbour Man: Hey!

Me: Oh hey

NM: Are you guys from next door?

M: Uh, yup

NM: Yeah well someone tried to break into your vehicle the other night

M: What?

NM: Yeah I was out on the verandah having a smoke at 2 in the morning and I saw this head bobbing up and down from behind the car. So I ran out and chased him but he was too fast.

M: Oh, well thanks!

NM: No problem mate.

M: Oh and welcome to the neighbourhood...

What a way to meet the locals... Though I suppose it's comforting to know someone is looking out for us while we sleep (sounds slightly creepy but heroic).

No comments:

Post a Comment